Saturday 12 March 2011

Baskot bil Debs (Carob Molasses Biscuits)

Old family recipe, pretty simple, very healthy and not too sweet...


Ingredients:

1 cup Butter
4 cups Flour
1 cup Debs el Kharob (Carob Molasses)
1 tsp Ginger
2 tsp Baking Powder

Rub butter & flour together in hands. Add debs (carob molasses), ginger & baking powder. Make it into soft dough. Divide the mixture in half. Roll each half into a big chunky rope.


 Put in freezer for 10 min till it becomes a sligthly hard as it will be easier to cut. Cut it into 1/2 cm slice.


Each half makes around 20 biscuits. 


 Put on greased or greaseproof paper lined baking tray in hot oven for
 10-15 minutes.


Satein! Bon Appetit!

4 comments:

  1. Hi!
    these look tasty - do you think date molasses could be a substitute for carob?
    Also, do you have any good recipes for mamoul? I picked up a taabeh recently with an idea to make some for easter...but want to find a good authentic recipe..that isn't to complicated or gives a tricky crumbly dough!
    thanks,phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Phil,
    You can substitute molasses...I didn't try it myself... experiment & let me know how it comes out.
    As for maamoul, I have a family recipe that I will publish but meantime, some food blogs have maamoul recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tks Sis 4 z recipe. I dont have it & I'm going 2 do it next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I was just wondering what temp you bake these at? They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete